Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mount Baker

Looking down River from Derby's Reach near Forte Langley you can see Mount Baker in Washington State.

[Image: s-Reach-4.jpg]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Nice Colin - have you considered a tighter crop?

I did, but to tell you the truth I didn'y really think it was a great photo. It looked way more awesome in person.

My flickr images

Petographer Wrote:I did, but to tell you the truth I didn'y really think it was a great photo. It looked way more awesome in person.

I love the way the mountain tops and clouds merge and work well together in many of these canadian shots. I'm sure it must be awesome, quite overwhelming to see in real life. Cool

True enough it isn't possible to capture all the grandeur - just choosing where and what to shoot is a form of 'cropping' in itself. It's nice for folks like me, who's never been there and never likey to go, to have an occasional broader view of the general landscape.

Polly

Petographer Wrote:I did, but to tell you the truth I didn'y really think it was a great photo. It looked way more awesome in person.

It still looks impressive! Would have been a nice subject for a panorama stitched together from several shots! Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Thanks G and Pol. I do have better shots of this mountain. One day I'll get to a place where I can take an unobstructed photo of this monster.

My flickr images

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jan 30, 2006, 23:20