Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

He found me quite amusing

This is my first photo here, so be nice. Big Grin
There are a lot of seagulls around where I live (on the coast) so that's what I tend to take a lot pictures of. This one appeared to be laughing at me. Smile Not the best quality photo, I admit that - But it's quite blown up from the original. I think it's a fun picture though so worth posting.

[Image: seagull-smiling2.jpg]

After I posted that I remembered I also had a laughing giraffe photo so thought I may as well post that here too, as it's on the same subject of animals laughing at me. Smile

[Image: giraffe2-small.jpg]

Very fun pictures for sure. Very good image quality and the timing was perfect.Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Petographer Wrote:Very fun pictures for sure. Very good image quality and the timing was perfect.Smile
Very kind, thank you. I have to admit that on both occasions it was totally by accident that the animals were making those expressions! I tried asking them to smile at first but they just refused, so I had to take pot luck when I released the shutter. Wink

That bird is the essence of cute.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

zedbra Wrote:This is my first photo here, so be nice. Big Grin
There are a lot of seagulls around where I live (on the coast) so that's what I tend to take a lot pictures of. This one appeared to be laughing at me. Smile
I'm laughing too, but not at you. That's a fantastic photo. I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but I wanted to give you my first reaction. Not many photos make me burst out laughing, but your gull did. I've never seen a gull photo like that before.

I'll be surprised if nobody else has said this, but you should do whatever you need to to get that photo print-sized. I can see greeting cards, t-shirts, fridge magnets, the works. (Or maybe I'm just odd that way.)

Welcome to shuttertalk!

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Brought a smile to my face too Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

The seagull shot is exceptional. Welcome to ST.

G'day Geoff, your gull shot put a smile on on my dial..........good capture!

Thank you for all your kind comments, they were great to wake up to this morning. Smile

Matthew - You suggested I get it print-sized, and I'm definately interested in doing that. One problem is that the seagull is one of several in the original photo and actually quite small, so the resolution isn't very good. Assuming I could make it look good enough though, do you have any idea what steps to take to sell it? I really don't have a clue, but I would like to sell several of my photos. I imagine several people from these forums must sell their photos now and then.

Geoff.

Edit: I just looked at the image and it isn't as small as I thought. The resolution of just the seagull is 1036 by 880.

I love the comical expression of the seagull.
Well captured.

lucy

lucy Wrote:I love the comical expression of the seagull.
Well captured.

lucy
Thank you Lucy. Smile

Geoff.

Welcome Zedbra and that Gull is amazing - such a comical expression.

Canon stuff.

Hi Geoff, welcome to Shuttertalk!

That seagull pic is a cracker! If it's not the pose, it's definitely the eyes that make the picture..

Thank you Wedding Shooter and Shuttertalk. Smile I have to say that I'm really glad I posted that photo! Everyone seems to like it. Big Grin

"Are you looking at me?" says it all.Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

zedbra Wrote:Assuming I could make it look good enough though, do you have any idea what steps to take to sell it? I really don't have a clue, but I would like to sell several of my photos. ... Edit: I just looked at the image and it isn't as small as I thought. The resolution of just the seagull is 1036 by 880.
I'd love to sell mine, but haven't any idea where to start. Well, that's not quite true: start by taking a good photo. You've done that, so you're already beyond my range of experience.

The size isn't fantastic, but that's not bad. I'd experiment with careful upsizing and some photoshop filters that are designed for "artistic" effects. I'm thinking a watercolour filter might suit the image, but again, I'm getting in over my head. Experiment and see what works. Hopefully some other kind & knowledgeable soul will jump in...

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by photokev
Dec 17, 2012, 14:24
Last Post by Pat
Sep 29, 2007, 22:59