Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First post - Gorillas

Hi Smile

This is my first time posting photos. On the weekend I went to the zoo, it was my first outing with my 30D and I had quite a successful shoot.

Here are my five favourite Gorilla images from Sunday.

[Image: 62415349.zIQ6ChgM.Frame_IMG_4848copyEDITsmall.jpg]

[Image: 62495549.tw1th65G.Frame_IMG_4846EDITSMALL.jpg]

[Image: 62415352.jcEcOAPl.Frame_IMG_4911small.jpg]

[Image: 62495860.KaOjO6Zk.Frame_IMG_4850EDITSMALL.jpg]

[Image: 62495578.jm20CZiX.Frame_IMG_4849editsmall.jpg]

Nat

I like them all, but #3 seems to be thinking "If I had a 30d could I make any money at it" Wink

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Hey Nat, welcome to Shuttertalk!

These are some beautifully captured and wonderfully presented photos! I really love the silky smooth tones and sharpness - the golden glow of the first pic is absolutely stunning. That one has to be my favourite - I also love the relaxed gazes into the lens.

These photos really... pop! Nice work! Big Grin

All fantastic photos Nat. My zoo pics are useless in comparison! I didn't see any gorillas at the last zoo I visited though so that's my excuse. Tongue

Regarding your reply on another thread about selling your dog photos - That's great you have people already interested so good luck, I hope it goes well.

Geoff.

Hi Nat and welcome to shuttertalk.............great shots!! Like the post processing you have given these. My picks would be #'s 1 and 3. In 3 really like the space you have given the subject.....

looking again #2 has lots of feeling.......all be it sad!

again well done

Amazingly good shots! Not only sharp and beautifully composed - but each shows some aspect of their personalities or behavior.

Well done and welcome to ST!!

Hi Tess - These are stunning. The first and third ones really stand out for me. I would be interested to know how much post processing you did on the first shot? It has wonderful sharpness, contrast and more 'glow' than the other shots. With the third shot I just love the pose and composition. If this was mine I would print it big and put it on the wall...

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Great shots. Beautifully done. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Welcome to shuttertalk, love your pictures!

Number 1 is visually stunning, I have to move to a town with a better zoo!

I especially like the first one!

Stunning photos!

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Wow, all are so nice and full of detail, but #1 strikes me the most, Wonderful light and contrast.

Welcome aboard, eh! Big Grin

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Nat - welcome and may I say that these are astounding. I love 1 and 4 especially. The post processing and composition is fabulous and reminds me a lot of some of Kombi's work.

Canon stuff.

Thanks everyone for such nice comments! I appreciate all the comments. Having only been taking photos for a year, I still have a lot to learn Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Rolf
Dec 12, 2014, 09:43