Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Adelaide Zoo (take 2)

Inspired again by other great animal shots around lately I returned to the Adelaide Zoo. This time I was selfish and went while my children were at school so I could spend as long as I wanted patiently waiting for the good shots. I didn't plan it that well because there seemed to be about twenty group of school kids there....
I had a great day though and filled my SDcard for the first time...

These are the pick of the bunch so far...

[Image: IMGP5976edit.jpg]

[Image: IMGP5758edit.jpg]

[Image: IMGP5810edit.jpg]

[Image: IMGP5800edit.jpg]

[Image: IMGP5914edit.jpg]

Comments and critique always welcome
Shane

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

very nice all of them Shane , it is hard to pick a fav. they are all great . How did you get that effect on #3 ?

........ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Thanks Shawn - Nothing special done with No 3, just wide open to concentrate focus on the action.
2 and 3 were both taken by shooting through the wire fences/cages...with mixed results. If you can get right up against the wire you can eliminate it but with the lions you cant get that close.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

My zoo pics are crap. I love these.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

top pics Shane,

I think you have put together a great series shots..........really like the light on the lion in #2. Its hard to pick a favorite but #3 might just be a standout for me..........Smile

Beautiful pictures all Shane... the giraffe picture is lovely... you were in a high point there to take the picture at that level.... or you are that high... Wink

Love the 8 of the flamingo?... Very inspiring picture... I didn't know how to get a nice picture of them... I like a lot yours...

Look forward to seeing more Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Lovely captures Shane!

Nice colors and good subject isolation.

My favourite would be #1 and the last shot.

Well done!

Must be nice to still have that kind of weather..

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

1 and 4 for me are the best - but these are all fantastic. A very cunning plan to go with out children Smile

Canon stuff.

Thanks for the comments. Now I can show you the outtakes / less attractive shots...

[Image: IMGP5892edit.jpg]

[Image: IMGP5978edit.jpg]

[Image: IMGP5963.jpg]

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

That Hippo shot is fantastic - great timing.

Canon stuff.

The hippo shot was easier than it looks. The two hippos both sat there with their mouths wide open for about five minutes while the zoo keeper threw in a whole bucket of carrots...

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

The last three pictures deserve to be in a new post Smarti..... they are lovely... Smile Oh! Well... not exactly the last one... the last one is just amazing... splendid picture...... you can see everything... good you said it was carrots I thought it was chicken...

I am enjoying a lot your pictures of the zoo... Smile
Thanks a lot for sharing...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by smarti77
Sep 5, 2006, 20:04
Last Post by guerito
Jul 20, 2006, 22:48