Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hi All

Hey Guys and Gals

The wife and I love pictures and taking them. We live on vancouver islandand I do alot of outdoors stuff like hiking and 4x4ing so the pics i really like to capture are images of places the average Joe does not see. That and our son too. I really want to learn macro. Just before our wedding this past aug we were on a sailing trip with some friends through the gulf islands, a rope got caught and as I lunged up to get it my digital camera flew out of my hoodie and in to the drink. So my parents for a wedding for a wedding gift gave us a Cannon powershot s15is. We are stoked to take some nice pics!!Big Grin

Hey maxpower, welcome to shuttertalk! Big Grin

Macros are fun - and easy too with your camera. It helps if you have a tripod to keep things steady, and a lot of patience! Big Grin

good call with the patience, father inlaw has a tripod i could borow, thanks for the welcome!

Welcome Maxpower - tripod and good DOF is important with macro work. Try setting the aperture on your camera to the largest number you can (8.0 or higher if you can on your digital). You will need a tripod if the light is not very good.

Canon stuff.

i am rather new to this so hints like that are welcome

Welcome welcome!

Hullo Maxpower Big Grin

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Welcome to Shuttertalk Maxpower... Smile

I also like very much macro photography.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hi Maxpower and welcome

You will find lots of frienldy people here to help with advice and encouragement (I know I have). Look forward to seeing some of your images.

Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill