Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Is this a scam ?

Well the other day i entered a photo in a contest just to see what it would do . Then last night i recieved a e-mail from them . I have no idea on what to do . They want me to send them money for the book that they are putting my shot in and i am not sure if its the real deal . If it is then HELL YA i am sending them money . if not then i dont want my shot to be even near what they are doing LOL .

Here is part of the e-mail that i got . the rest is how to order the book and all that stuff .

Quote:Dear Shawn Taylor,

On behalf of the editing team here at Photography Laureates, we would like to congratulate you for being selected for publication as part of our highly acclaimed photography anthology. As such, you are a finalist for the $6500 prize. As a laureate and talented photographer, you will have access to several networking opportunities aimed at exposing you to the photography community.
Your photograph was selected out of hundreds of competing entries and you will be published along with other talented photographers. Kyrta Reeve and John Warton, our 2 editors, have reviewed your photograph Rosey Reflections and have selected it for its light mix and general composition.

Please click the link below to view the photograph selected.
http://www.photolaureates.org/show_photo...lsouth.net

As a contest finalist and for a limited time, enjoy the anthology in which your photograph is published for only $59 (please note that the regular price is $69). Please note that this offer expires on Jan-11-2007 (or until stocks expire). The next contest will in November 2006
Please Help me LOL ........ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Messages In This Thread
Is this a scam ? - by Banded Drake - Dec 29, 2006, 14:47
Is this a scam ? - by Irma - Dec 29, 2006, 14:55
Is this a scam ? - by Banded Drake - Dec 29, 2006, 15:18
Is this a scam ? - by Russt - Dec 29, 2006, 15:22
Is this a scam ? - by smarti77 - Dec 29, 2006, 16:48
Is this a scam ? - by shuttertalk - Dec 29, 2006, 16:48
Is this a scam ? - by Banded Drake - Dec 29, 2006, 16:56
Is this a scam ? - by Toad - Dec 30, 2006, 01:32
Is this a scam ? - by Don Schaeffer - Dec 30, 2006, 15:07

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post