Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First DSLR Camera

I think I am leaning towards the D40, seems like it is getting better reviews and is more user friendly, specially towards the newer people, plus the battery life. Will the SR make a big difference with the 18-55mm lens kit, or will I not even notice much of a difference? I will probably be using a fast shutter speed most of the time anyways, but if for some reason I do need a slower shutter speed, and don't have a tripod with me, is there a way to work around it without SR? Which ever I go with, I don't really plan on getting any other lens other than the 55-200mm lens, and that will cover probably most of anything I will be doing. Don't really plan on doing much of any wildlife to start with, just mainly landscapes, which probably mainly involves a fast shutter speed I would guess anyways?? So probably SR wouldn't matter to much...then again, I could be wrong... I am basically a total newbie to the DSLR world.
Thanks Guys, you all have been a great help, and I can wait to get my first DSLR camera!!

Messages In This Thread
First DSLR Camera - by Khaasta - Nov 26, 2007, 00:13
First DSLR Camera - by NT73 - Nov 26, 2007, 04:06
First DSLR Camera - by digitalzen - Nov 26, 2007, 09:30
First DSLR Camera - by digitalzen - Nov 26, 2007, 09:34
First DSLR Camera - by matthew - Nov 26, 2007, 13:13
First DSLR Camera - by Khaasta - Nov 27, 2007, 00:19

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post