Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

File Locations - Do you care where your photos live?

My pictures are stored in external disks, and the bigger one has the backup of all I have. Pictures, catalogs, presents, etc. My folders are by year and sub folders by day. I import all my pictures with LR and I use a keyword tag for all files, it is generally the name of the place I took the pictures.

When I take pictures in the lake I tag all with Luetjensee, then I have a keyword set called Luetjensee with words like reflection, trees, leaves, landscape, birds, etc. When all my pictures are imported I just select my reflection pictures and tag them, then trees and so on. I also give them a flag to my picks and a green color to the ones that are ready to post. So my pictures can be found by place and subject, from there I can select the best ones and finished ones.

The tifs live together with the raws. I have my pictures file in C only for jpgs re sized for web. The folder has my pictures by year and each year has sub folders by topic (people, lake and forest, flowers) all images in these folders are ready to post.

As my catalogs are by year, the only thing I am a bit disappointed with is that in LR you can't see two images from two different catalogs.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Messages In This Thread
File Locations - Do you care where your photos live? - by Irma - May 11, 2010, 01:41

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post