Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Practicing Digital Photography: Wild & Tame Animals

Here is a pic of Poppy with her rope. Just 1 year old. Taken with Nikon D3200 and 35mm. ISO 450, f/1.8, 1/60

Attached Files Image(s)

(Feb 27, 2014, 15:29)Joby135 Wrote:  Here is a pic of Poppy with her rope. Just 1 year old. Taken with Nikon D3200 and 35mm. ISO 450, f/1.8, 1/60

Joby,

That picture is just gorgeous, her eyes are so expressive! Smile. Altogether an excellent example of pet photography. Well constructed, well composed and top line accurate exposure. Well done, you should be proud of Poppy and the picture.

Regards.

Phil.

(Feb 27, 2014, 16:51)Phil J Wrote:  
(Feb 27, 2014, 15:29)Joby135 Wrote:  Here is a pic of Poppy with her rope. Just 1 year old. Taken with Nikon D3200 and 35mm. ISO 450, f/1.8, 1/60

Joby,

That picture is just gorgeous, her eyes are so expressive! Smile. Altogether an excellent example of pet photography. Well constructed, well composed and top line accurate exposure. Well done, you should be proud of Poppy and the picture.

Regards.

Phil.

I couldn't agree more. Really great work, Joby Smile

A close up of one of my favourite birds. Seeing a Cardinal always reminds me that beauty does not need to be rare.

(Mar 4, 2014, 21:33)Jim F Wrote:  A close up of one of my favourite birds. Seeing a Cardinal always reminds me that beauty does not need to be rare.

He has gorgeous eyes Smile

Guys, where do you find all these birds? All I can see around me are - pigeons.

Not hard to find this one, him and his mate have lived in our back yard for the past few seasons. Smile

(Mar 5, 2014, 14:24)Korry Wrote:  
(Mar 4, 2014, 21:33)Jim F Wrote:  A close up of one of my favourite birds. Seeing a Cardinal always reminds me that beauty does not need to be rare.

(Mar 5, 2014, 14:24)Korry Wrote:  

It's the same over here Korry. Pigeons, Sparrows and Sea Gulls with the odd Blackbird sometimes. All a bit drab really.

Cheers.

Phil.

Remembering warmer days and locations, x-mas in the BVIs.

This Heron definitely did not seem happy.

This pelican made sure I had a nice flyby to shoot.

f/6.5
1//1250
198.5mm
ISO 150

f/8.0
1/1250
4.3mm
ISO 125

f/6.5
1/400
215mm
ISO 125

Yesterday (19/03/2014) I enjoyed a gentle stroll by the river Colne at London Colney in Hertfordshire. As usual, there were lots of mallards on the banks and on the water, but there was also a small group of Canada geese. Suddenly an irate swan appeared, travelling at full speed, as you can tell from his bow-wave. The ducks took no notice of him, and he ignored them, but he chased all the geese away!

[Pentax K-5 II, 35-70 zoom lens at 70mm, f/10, 1/125s, ISO 320, processed in PaintShop Pro X4]

Philip

Hi Philip,

Another crack good shot if I might say. The detail in the plumage is wonderful. I'd love to see a bigger, 'much bigger' image, say A2 size in order to do this shot justice.

Regards.

Phil.

Great capture, super. Ed.

To each his own!

Thank you, Phil and Ed.

Cheers. Smile
Philip

A tiger at Yorkshire Wildlife Park. I was lucky enough to see them fed.
Panasonic DMC-FZ200 ƒ/5.0 108.0 mm 1/500 100

Attached Files Image(s)

Brian, try lightening the pic a bit, sharpen, and, blur the background, does, to me, improve it. Ed.

To each his own!

(Mar 27, 2014, 16:01)EdMak Wrote:  Brian, try lightening the pic a bit, sharpen, and, blur the background, does, to me, improve it. Ed.

Unfortunately drawing round him so I can blur the background is beyond me

(Mar 27, 2014, 10:56)brianapenney Wrote:  A tiger at Yorkshire Wildlife Park. I was lucky enough to see them fed.

Hi Brian,

That's a damned good picture. You certainly captured the 'majesty of the beast'.

Best regards.

Phil.

(Mar 27, 2014, 10:56)brianapenney Wrote:  A tiger at Yorkshire Wildlife Park. I was lucky enough to see them fed.

Love the kitty! Heart

Hi,

Nice photo.

I would clone some of the bamboo? over the buildings in the background and then blur the whole background when you find out how to do this. While I use Photoshop, you could do this using Elements which is much cheaper. Lots of info about doing cutouts on the web and how to clone.

Mike

www.art-seekers.com

You can view a few of my images including some actions shots at

http://www.art-seekers.com

My first images of a Jay

[Image: IMG_0158.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0159.jpg]

Enjoy

Mike

www.art-seekers.com

You can view a few of my images including some actions shots at

http://www.art-seekers.com

Young Blue tit
[Image: Young-Bluetit_zpsa5cb0d9e.jpg]

He who has come through the fire will not fade in the sun

(Apr 7, 2014, 06:07)threewheels Wrote:  Young Blue tit
[Image: Young-Bluetit_zpsa5cb0d9e.jpg]

Great shot. Is this a photo from last year? Surely there are no young birds yet.

Late last year. They managed to get in 2 lots of egg laying as the weather was warm.

This Magpie was taken last week

[Image: _MG_7236_DxO_zps46fbf5ae.jpg]

(Apr 7, 2014, 06:51)threewheels Wrote:  This Magpie was taken last week

[Image: _MG_7236_DxO_zps46fbf5ae.jpg]

Excellent shot