Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest February 2014: Your Best Photo Shot

THIS I THINK IS MY 3RD PIC ZOOM BLUR IN CAMERA HARE KRISHNA DANCERS BAS        

(Feb 12, 2014, 13:00)basil Wrote:  WINTER SCENE BY BAS

Basil, this is atmospheric. Excellent. Joby 135

Here's looking at you, kid!

Taken on Nikon compact (EXIF not kept) of a cat awaiting adoption at the Cat Protection shelter.

[Image: 8867257140_8de7e39cec_o.jpg]

(Feb 16, 2014, 13:53)StellaMN Wrote:  Here's looking at you, kid!

Taken on Nikon compact (EXIF not kept) of a cat awaiting adoption at the Cat Protection shelter.

He looks so lovely. He reminds me of Mr Jinx from the old Pixie and Dixie cartoons
Regards

F

Taken at Cape May Zoo, NJ

[Image: P1000448-vi.jpg]

I'll go for this one to provide a contrast to all the lovely colourful entriesSmile:

This Least Grebe was at Estero Llano Grande State Park in Texas. It was a very foggy morning. This little guy was quite cooperative for me. We spend our winters here in the Rio Grande Valley where there are many wonderful birding centers to choose from.
Canon 7D - Sigma 100-500, Shutter Priority, F8 ISO 400 1/125 sec. 440mm.

Attached Files Image(s)

Life is good. Capture it!

Because it was so cold and wet here during December I decided it was time to work in doors. I had seen this somewhere on the internet and decided to give it a try. I was happy with the composition on this one as well as the sharpness of the water droplets on the C/D.

Attached Files Image(s)

Life is good. Capture it!

This is Greenknowe Tower just outside Duns in the Scottish Borders where I live, there are lots of these towers around and I just love them.

I haven't tried still life before so this is my second entry into the contest.

This is my final submission for the February contest, sunrise over Kelso, a lovely sky that only lasted four or five minutes, but beautiful nevertheless. I hope you like my 3 submissions.

Egrets flying over Humber River Park

Paint upon the Snow
Ranch south of Calgary.
Diane Dahlin

Attached Files Image(s)

It was a snowdrop walk so I wanted to be different Angel

Attached Files Image(s)

(Feb 19, 2014, 14:20)Yaterman Wrote:  I'll go for this one to provide a contrast to all the lovely colourful entriesSmile:

I have to say this is a stunning shot

(Feb 16, 2014, 15:05)Ferenc Wrote:  
(Feb 16, 2014, 13:53)StellaMN Wrote:  Here's looking at you, kid!

He looks so lovely. He reminds me of Mr Jinx from the old Pixie and Dixie cartoons
Regards

F

Gorgeous

I have seen similar images online from another photographer whouses the shapes of the pears to really bring out their personality. Your pears are a lovely shot Ferenc, well done..

Egret walking by the lake.    

Another pic of egret on the lake. Shy    

Louie, clone out the boat. Ed.

To each his own!

(Feb 19, 2014, 14:20)Yaterman Wrote:  I'll go for this one to provide a contrast to all the lovely colourful entriesSmile:

Wow, your photo is great! How did you take it? Did you submerge your camera in water?

(Feb 21, 2014, 14:45)EdMak Wrote:  Louie, clone out the boat. Ed.

Thanks Ed.

(Feb 21, 2014, 14:30)Louie Wrote:  Another pic of egret on the lake. Shy
Louie,
Great shot. Well done

(Feb 22, 2014, 03:55)kNox Wrote:  

Wow, your photo is great! How did you take it? Did you submerge your camera in water?

I took the pic at noon so as to get the reflection on the lake - shot at low angle .