Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New to Shutter Talk

My name is Richard. I'm very happy to be a member of ShutterTalk. I consider myself to be a professional amateur photograph. I've been reading the comments and advice on Shutter Talk for the past month or so and find it very helpful. I've owned a Canon 30D for a number of years. When I start a hobby I usually go over the deep end, buying a lot of equipment I might not need or seldom use, and photography is no different. I have a number of lens, Cokin filters, tripod, mono pod used twice in about four years, as well as lens filters. I go to HI almost every year and mostly end up shooting flowers, although I do get in a few land and seascapes. At home its pictures of family at Christmas or birthdays and of our pets. I take pictures of my pottery, but am usually not satisfied with the results, the same goes with pics of our pets. I'm getting a Canon Rebel t3i camera soon. I wanted something lighter to both lug around and make it easier on my hands because of arthritis. Arthritis is putting a damper on my pottery work so I may find myself doing more photography. I hope to post a few of my pictures soon as I look forward to any positive feed back I can get. Smile

Awesome! Thanks for joining us! We look forward to seeing your view of the world! :0)

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Jun 7, 2014, 11:53)Webslow Wrote:  My name is Richard. I'm very happy to be a member of ShutterTalk. I consider myself to be a professional amateur photograph. I've been reading the comments and advice on Shutter Talk for the past month or so and find it very helpful. I've owned a Canon 30D for a number of years. When I start a hobby I usually go over the deep end, buying a lot of equipment I might not need or seldom use, and photography is no different. I have a number of lens, Cokin filters, tripod, mono pod used twice in about four years, as well as lens filters. I go to HI almost every year and mostly end up shooting flowers, although I do get in a few land and seascapes. At home its pictures of family at Christmas or birthdays and of our pets. I take pictures of my pottery, but am usually not satisfied with the results, the same goes with pics of our pets. I'm getting a Canon Rebel t3i camera soon. I wanted something lighter to both lug around and make it easier on my hands because of arthritis. Arthritis is putting a damper on my pottery work so I may find myself doing more photography. I hope to post a few of my pictures soon as I look forward to any positive feed back I can get. Smile

Welcome aboard Richard. You will like it here!
I don't usually give advice, but I see you have arthritis and were thinking of getting a new camera... If at all possible, I would suggest you go to the t5i. It has the flip out screen that could be invaluable to you! It costs a bit more, but it will save you a lot of neck and back aches! They have also worked out the chromatic abrasion (CA) issues in that model... they still had it in the 3ti. Again, take this with a grain of salt, just my thoughts...I had the 2ti and had a lot of issues with the CA. I look forward to seeing your posts!
Sharon

Life is good. Capture it!

(Jun 12, 2014, 06:24)Clicker2014 Wrote:  
(Jun 7, 2014, 11:53)Webslow Wrote:  My name is Richard. I'm very happy to be a member of ShutterTalk. I consider myself to be a professional amateur photograph. I've been reading the comments and advice on Shutter Talk for the past month or so and find it very helpful. I've owned a Canon 30D for a number of years. When I start a hobby I usually go over the deep end, buying a lot of equipment I might not need or seldom use, and photography is no different. I have a number of lens, Cokin filters, tripod, mono pod used twice in about four years, as well as lens filters. I go to HI almost every year and mostly end up shooting flowers, although I do get in a few land and seascapes. At home its pictures of family at Christmas or birthdays and of our pets. I take pictures of my pottery, but am usually not satisfied with the results, the same goes with pics of our pets. I'm getting a Canon Rebel t3i camera soon. I wanted something lighter to both lug around and make it easier on my hands because of arthritis. Arthritis is putting a damper on my pottery work so I may find myself doing more photography. I hope to post a few of my pictures soon as I look forward to any positive feed back I can get. Smile

Welcome aboard Richard. You will like it here!
I don't usually give advice, but I see you have arthritis and were thinking of getting a new camera... If at all possible, I would suggest you go to the t5i. It has the flip out screen that could be invaluable to you! It costs a bit more, but it will save you a lot of neck and back aches! They have also worked out the chromatic abrasion (CA) issues in that model... they still had it in the 3ti. Again, take this with a grain of salt, just my thoughts...I had the 2ti and had a lot of issues with the CA. I look forward to seeing your posts!
Sharon

The 3ti has the flip out screen as well. I looked up CA since I had not heard of it before. From what I read, its caused by the lens not the camera. If that is the case, I wonder why Canon does not do something to exchange the poor quality lenses that come with the camera. Anyway, I have a number of lens that I bought to go with my 30D, that should work well with the Rebel 3ti if the ones that come with it are a problem. I was told that I could fix the problems using Lightroom too, although I'm not a fan of editing. I appreciate your input and will check out the camera and lens as soon as I get them so that I can take advantage of the return policy if needed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Jul 28, 2014, 19:35
Last Post by dianebaughn
Mar 19, 2014, 22:31
Last Post by EdMak
Dec 14, 2013, 10:18