Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What's the right crop?

[Image: 82_OutsideMyDoor.jpg]

I know it needs a crop, but I couldn't come up with a good idea of how exactly to do it. I like the contrast of the shed and the building, so I'd like to keep at least a bit of both.

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Something like this maybe?

[Image: OutsideMyDoorCrop.jpg]

Here I used the tree as a kind of frame... I think the house should be there entirely. When I tried cropping away part of the house, I lost the feeling for the sizes of the things.

I don't think its the crop G. Its a VERY busy photo with lots going on.

Try 4x6 lanscape croping the photo up there to have the shed look more like the top of a picket fence when you are done. That might do the trick. I think the orientation of the house might be too wide for a portrait crop.

Jerry

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Well - I'd crop it tight like this:

[Image: 53_82_OutsideMyDoor.jpeg]

...but that's just my style - you need to do what you think works best.

I'd have suggested the same as Toad. I think it gives the feeling of an intruder sneaking behind the shack toward the house beyond ...

I actually like the uncropped shot.

Hi

Yes I also think is a bit too busy...but if i need it to crop it i would go just for one house.

maybe something like this

[Image: 92_82_OutsideMyDoor.jpg]

sorry forgot how to remove the noise...but you can start adding some filters in photoshop and do something else?

[Image: 73_82_OutsideMyDoor.jpg]

cya

uuhmmm too much!

cya

I'm sorry but I don't find it a really interesting photo cropped. I've been looking at this for a couple days now and find I like it just fine the way it is.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Hi Peto

uuhm may I ask why? also he is asking to crop it.

lastly..........just to point out a few things......left and rigth there is too many black spaces. and there is too much emty space on top.

cya

I'm sorry. I had a brain fart. I keep looking at Guerito's first crop. I never scroll the page to the very top. Rolleyes

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks for your help, guys!

@Toad: Yes I like it!

@Christian: I think it's too tight. It was taken with my Nikon E3200 (3mp) and none too sharp to begin with. Also, as I said before, what I like most of the picture is the contrast of the warm tones (shed and grass) and the cold tones (the house).

I'll try this shot again with the D70 for more pixels, and try some different crops already while shooting. After all, I really only need to step out my front door.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Feb 7, 2006, 22:50
Last Post by Rufus
Mar 2, 2005, 13:03
Last Post by Petographer
Feb 10, 2005, 00:50