Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Aircraft Photogaphy

Is anybody into this Vintage or Modern, Military or Civil.

We Photographers deal in things which are continually Vanishing and when they have vanished, there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. We cannot develope and print a memory.
                 Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

Ooop's forgot to put down F22 Raptor with a Mustang, U.S. Airforce Heritage flight.

We Photographers deal in things which are continually Vanishing and when they have vanished, there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. We cannot develope and print a memory.
                 Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

(Jul 10, 2016, 16:50)Dougson Wrote:  Is anybody into this Vintage or Modern, Military or Civil.
Last year I attended the RAF Waddington airshow and caught one of the last flights of the last flying V-Bomber. It was awesome!

(Jul 23, 2016, 06:53)Gandalf1953 Wrote:  
(Jul 10, 2016, 16:50)Dougson Wrote:  Is anybody into this Vintage or Modern, Military or Civil.
Last year I attended the RAF Waddington airshow and caught one of the last flights of the last flying V-Bomber. It was awesome!
Hi Gandalf yes I saw it at Old Warden for its last show ! It was amazing to watch knowing it will be the last time those engines will howl like that.

Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

This is great idea for a good thread, Doug, and we have some great images already posted.

However, I hope members will remember that this is a photography forum - surely I can't be the only one interested in how the photography was done to produce these images?

Cheers.
Philip

Not sure how I post more than one Photo at a time .

Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

This was Flying Legends at Duxford this month

Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

(Jul 23, 2016, 07:44)Dougson Wrote:  Not sure how I post more than one Photo at a time .
Repeat the add attachment process before posting, so having added one add another in the same way:choose file then add attachment.

(Jul 23, 2016, 07:48)Dougson Wrote:  This was Flying Legends at Duxford this month
Superb photos, how did you maintain the colour and contrast, did you up these in post processing?

Ok thanks Gandalf I'll give it a try.

Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

Super Pics. Ta. Ed.

To each his own!

Super pics but I would appreciate the technical data too. Photograph, not aircraft. Well both, really.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

(Jul 23, 2016, 10:34)Jocko Wrote:  Super pics but I would appreciate the technical data too. Photograph, not aircraft. Well both, really.
Hi John, sorry about the lack of technical info here it is now.
All my shots taken with Canon 50D with 100-400mm L USM Mk1 lens. The ground shot was at 180mm focal length 200 ISO, 1/1000 at F7.1. The arial shots range 310-400mm ISO 200 1/1000 at f8 with a little cropping (using about 3/4 of the frame).  Hope this helps.

Also played around with these images (increased contrast & saturation) which I think helps it.

Regards
John

Hi john I'll post my ex if data on Sunday as I don't have access to it from my iPad .

Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

Hawker Hurriciane over Duxford Sigma 150-500 zoom @ 500, f4, 640 sec
Put through Lightroom, cropped, I do have Elements but I prefer Lightroom as there is more control over Raw files which I always shoot with.

Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

Nice image. However, nothing is quite as startling as the one of the Raptor.

(Jul 23, 2016, 18:04)Dougson Wrote:  Hawker Hurriciane over Duxford.....

That is a super shot of the aircraft, Doug, but a very tight crop - for me it would be even better with a bit more space around it, particularly in front of the plane.

Cheers.
Philip

Thanks for the comments chaps, will put Exif data just as soon as my wife gets off my computer

Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

Hi Phillip / John
I will have a look at the original photo to see if the can be more space in front, John it would be interesting to see the Hurrie pull a tight G turn like that and see condensation come off the wings just before the wings folded.
I could see an advert for a Panatela cigar as the pilot plummets earthbound in effectively a cigar tube while that music Air on a G-string played in the background, rather apt don't you think ! . God I really need to get out more !!!! ?

Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

(Jul 24, 2016, 11:43)Dougson Wrote:  I could see an advert for a Panatela cigar as the pilot plummets earthbound in effectively a cigar tube while that music Air on a G-string played in the background,
Giving your age away there!

(Jul 24, 2016, 13:19)Jocko Wrote:  
(Jul 24, 2016, 11:43)Dougson Wrote:  I could see an advert for a Panatela cigar as the pilot plummets earthbound in effectively a cigar tube while that music Air on a G-string played in the background,
Giving your age away there!

Giving his age away, what with mentioning cigars or panatellas in particular? After all, it might have been advertising a Corona or Half Corona!! King Edward Invincible Deluxe anyone? Smile

Irrespective of the cigar connotations, they are all darned good photographs, exceptionally well captured. So well done that man, give him cigar. Oh, sorry that's where we came in!!

Regards.

Phil.

It is 25 years since cigars were advertised on UK TV. The Hamlet advert ran from the 60's until then, in various guises.

Relax, let Capstan take the strain. Ed.

To each his own!

I'm only 20, it's just the rest of me that aged considerably !!

Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

(Jul 25, 2016, 03:32)EdMak Wrote:  Relax, let Capstan take the strain. Ed.

Only if they're 'full strength'!! Ah memories, a free iron lung with ever 10th packet. Smile

Regards.

Phil.