Albany Town Hall.. mock fish eye

Mock fish eye shot of Albany's Town Hall

Picture info

Two images stitched.. then converted in 602 office
Camera FinePix S5000

Col
[Image: Fish2.jpg]

Gone all digital

Thats something I've never seen before. What is 602 office?

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

602 office is a word processor program .. part of it has a very good album and photo suite.. you can get a cut-down copy on the net..Colin

Gone all digital

Interesting processing. Nicely done.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Thanks Jericho.. on one of the other photo sites I posted some of my fish-eye pics.. and was told they don't work... I thought I must prove 'em wrong...so...I entered a set of maritime photos in this years Albany Art Prize.. and won the Port Authority Award.... if anyones interested I will post a copy of the winning prints.. but I hope it doesn't sound like I'm showing off..Col

Gone all digital

I'm always intriqued by creative processing techniques. Well done!

Looks great, Col! Very nicely done! Big Grin

This is wonderful. You could have fooled me.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Very cool effect Col, and a great pic to use it on.

And I couldn't help but notice the black Mk3 Supra in the shot Smile
I don't suppose it was anyone you knew? I have a supra like that; a black JZA70.

The only thing I don't really like in these kind of fish-eye shots is the round crop. I realise it is pretty much unavoidable in this case where it is a "software lens", but I find it a bit distracting. It might simply require me to get used to viewing more of these types of shots to learn to ignore the different shape of the image and fully appreciate what's inside... because I really love the possibilities such an extreme distortion can provide.
I'd be interested in seeing some more Col.. and I should get off my bum and have a play with some of my own images with these kinds of effects.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Many thanks for all the kind comments..Col

Gone all digital

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GrahamS
Jun 2, 2017, 03:15