Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Reflaction.

I worked with this picture this way because the colors were a bit contrasting as you still can see. I tried to get a nice composition with the horizon and that "bunch" of trees. I reckon the dividing line is dark but somehow I like it this way. It is more or less like to say you never know where the line of the real world starts. However I really don't know if it might be taken as a mistake or bad technique with the post processing.

Thanks in advance for your comments Smile

[Image: P1060332reflections.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

The processing seems nice and makes me want to see more of the landscape. Maybe it's my tired eyes but I find the reflection hard to look at. I tell you what. I'll go have a nap and come back to this. Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Hm... I agree with Peto somewhat - the top bit looks very interesting - which detracts a bit from the reflection down the bottom. Seeing that the reflection is aimed to be the dominant feature of the photo, perhaps a crop of the top bits would help? Hm.. I just tried it actually, and am undecided...

I think removing the leftmost bits definintely helps...

I wonder how it would look in colour??

Gone all digital

Ok. after a slight k.o. I stand by my first post. Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I took this picture opposite from the green reflection I posted few day ago. Yes, the reflection is not well defined. I will try a different crop.

Thanks for your comments Smile

Uban-wombat, here is the original picture.

[Image: P1060332original.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

irma... that's far better.. ... now seeing the world in wonderful colour.. Colin

Gone all digital

I worked on the picture because I wasn't sure about the colors, specially in the sky. But at the end it was a wrong thinking because I cropped the sky and blew up the reflection with this treatment.
That is very nice you find better the color one. Thanks Colin. Smile

Paul Cezanne

I prefer the natural colors too Irma, with the sky intact. Nice scene.

Thanks Bob for your comment. Smile The place was a fishing pond. We shouldn't be there, because it was private property, but as we arrived and we didn't see anyone there.... We thought, why not Smile

Paul Cezanne

The monochrome was very atmospheric. The color was nice too. Good composition with horizontal layers and verticals in the reflection.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I like the monochrome version Irma. Has that dreamy effect. It works in this picture.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

How about applying the monochrome to the wider crop?

Sorry I didn't see your comments yesterday!

Jerry, I like very much to work with monochrome. I think it gives a very special feeling Smile

Toad, it is a good idea. I will work with this.

Thanks a lot!

Paul Cezanne