Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What made you start photography?

eh ? .. ohh that time ..
you came out of the trees as well ..
not like we were hiding in there ..

Rufus Wrote:Not that I dont get the chance; I do, often.

I just tend not to. That's all.

Except maybe if they're in a wedding dress, eh, Rufus? Smile How did it go by the way?

Oh I guess I should add my two cents to this thread - I must shamefully admit that I started photography because I was attracted more by the prospect of playing with a cool toy rather than taking photos with it. Big Grin

However, after I took the plunge and bought myself a SLR, I was really impressed with the resulting photos and was hooked!

Hahaha ..
Oh, I think it was when we were there with the medicine students..
--REMOVED--
I didn't come out of the bush with my camera out though ~_~ ..
Did I ?

This post has been attacked by Adam; word removed and spelling/punctuation mistakes corrected (corrections made in bold)

Yes, we were with the medicine students Smile
It wasn't a bush, it was just a big tree, we were on the other side Wink

I'm hooked to taking photographs Smile
Cameras ARE cool toys Tongue

hrmm .. i owuldnt quite call them toys..
they are quite expensive toys at that ...

No one ever said that toys were cheap.

peter Wrote:uhauh ..
ohh i think it wa swhen we were there with the medicinde students..
jeez..
i didnt come out of the bush with my camera out tho ~_~ ..
did i ?

Moderator WILL get you!!!! :x

Cave canem

I'm going to get you Peter.

when saying jeez...
it has no reference to anything bad ..
it does not refer to Jesus in any way when i use it ..
so i dont see why it should be removed ..

mabye i should spell it as GeeSs ... so it doesnt seem misleading in any way ..

Look it in the dictionary.

well ..
i appologise or any misunderstanding ..
im off to work now ..
see you all later !

Goodbye Peter, have fun at work getting your money Smile

Yeah will do ..
Money is one of the things that didnt make me start photography ...
(trying to relate to thread ..)

Peter said that if I try to beat his number of posts while he's at work, when he comes home, he'll reply to them all Smile
hehe

nah ..
im way too tired..
its not like i have the energy to be posting heaps ...
stoopid booking for 60 people ..

I'm too tired also Smile
Game over Smile

booking for 60 people? wow! tell me more Wink

what started me , long story , to make it short. I like art and i cant draw . I love to see people say wow look at that. I am just starting back ( its been years since i picked up a camera ). I am wanting to make this a full time job ( eventually ).

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Wow, could of sworn I'd answered this one... or maybe it's in the about yourself thread....

Anyways, started 25 years ago because I was fond of hiking and wanted pictures to look at for when I wasn't able to hike.

Only been really serious about it for the last 2-3 years.

I bought a Digital Elph because the cost of film stopped me from using my APS Elph. All I ever took were dog photos.

About two years ago, the Editor-in-Residence and I decided to get away from it all, and went for a cruise in the Caribbean. It was a wonderful time; I took lots of photos with that little S400, including going snorkeling with it in a diving case, and generally had a blast.

Thanks to a great automatic camera the photos weren't horrible, but the pointing device wasn't able to capture what I saw. It was disappointing, so that's when I started taking photos seriously.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

When i was in high school a friend loaned me a 35 mm camera and we took a long walk through the streets of Georgetown in Washington, DC. I had so much fun I never forgot it and bought the beat camera I could.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I'd always wanted to try my hand at it- same as Drake really in that I love art and want to make it, but can't draw.
I enjoyed taking pictures but only ever had el cheapo point & shoots. Until my hubby surprised me for my birthday with my current camera. The great thing about it was that I could use the auto settings and get great photos, and concentrate on the composition and capturing, but now that I've learnt more about photography, I'm able to switch it over to manual and take control. Now i'm looking forward to getting my tax refund so I can put it towards a digital. (I'm looking at either the cannon 350d or 20d depending on the size of my tax cheque Tongue )

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

For me, I started taking pictures mostly when I had just finished college and was about to head off for the Army. I guess I wanted to get some memories of things like my Commissioning and graduation and the like. Had a cheap P&S film camera with no zoom at all. Big Grin
After I got out of the Army, I didn't take many pictures for a long time, barring special occassions like our honeymoon. Then, I indulged in a longtime wish and visited the Grand Canyon---and took 18 rolls of film. After that, I realized I needed a better camera.
I graduated from a high-end P&S film to a low-end P&S digital, to a high-end prosumer digital, to a DSLR, to ANOTHER DSLR, to yet a THIRD DSLR now... Big Grin

Canon 5D, Canon 17-40 F4L, Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Macro, Canon 50mm f1.4, Canon 70-200 f2.8L, Canon 400mm f5.6L, 580EX Flash.

In high school, a friend loaned me a 35 mm range finder camera and we went for a walk in Washington, DC.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

What made me start photography?

I tried to photograph a bird in flight with a Kodak Instamatic 110,back in 1983.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post