Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My First Break

I know that i have a lot to learn about photography , and thanks to all of yall i see things a lot different . And to be honest was thinking that i was climbing a hill too steep .
Then today i went to a friend of my in laws that is a photographer ( mainly studio ) and he told me that he will " show me the ropes " . And get this he even offered to pay me. LOL . I told him that the experence is payment enough for right now. Lets see how things work out.
The thing is now i am very nervous ( sp ) about all this. He even wants me to go on a shoot this weekend. He is going to work with me tommorow and Friday and see what i can do .

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Don't be nervous, just go for it.

Being taken under the wing of a professional can only help you Smile And I'm kinda jealous!

Like a sponge man.... soak it all up. Its a lifelong hobby, not meant to be mastered in short order.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Wow, cool! I think Studio photography is quite hard to get into for newcomers, mainly because of the cost of the equipment etc. But if you can get someone to show you the ropes, bonus!! Big Grin

Another bonus is that i get to shoot my girls ( which is something that i have been wanting to do for a while ) . They are both beautiful , they look just like me Big Grin , and i get to practice on them today!!

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Smile Great stuff. Glad to hear er read it.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

What a wonderful opportunity.

Canon stuff.

I am happy for you! Smile I wish I could have the same opportunity...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

thanks to you all !! It wont be long and i am on my way. I CANT WAIT!!

Congratulations. This is friendship and apprenticeship in one.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I CANT WAIT!!

Nor me!!!!! Tell us how it goes!! :o

Cave canem

Great news...look forward to watching your progress (and reading any tips you have for us Wink ).

Jan

From what i see from all of yall , i am far away from being able to give a tip im sure. I can only wish ( right now ) to be able to shoot like yall. In due time, i hope ...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post