Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bergamo jogger

Hi all

here is a jogger I snapped while waiting for the sun to go down on a freezing cold winter's afternoon in Italy. The shots I had waited so long to get were very ordinary but I did like this one...
Cheers!
Gooly

[Image: Italy_jogger_2_CROP.jpg]

Very nice composition Gooly.

Canon stuff.

Thanks Shooter - p/shop fixes all "snap" framing woes...

Gooly

g'day Gooly, I like your image but it has quite a bit of noise which does not add to the over all feel of the shot IMO

This is a simple fix with neat image or noise ninja and would add to the appeal

cheers

I like this one. The minimalism of the treatment allow you to play your own story against the landscape. I looked at this one a few times before I felt I should make a comment - and even now it seems really pretentious (my comment - not the photo) - but at the end of the day - it is the treatment that makes the photo. Well done.

Russt Wrote:g'day Gooly, I like your image but it has quite a bit of noise which does not add to the over all feel of the shot IMO

This is a simple fix with neat image or noise ninja and would add to the appeal

cheers
Thanks Russt
I am still a bit unsure as to the best way of reducing the jpegs for the 100k limit on this site. I fiddled with this by trying to balance number of rows & columns against the reduction in compression.

I have not heard of "neat image" or "noise ninja" could you give me a heads up on these (or should I not be so lazy and just google them).

This shot has only had 2 pp's done...
1) a crop to better frame the action
2) I took out the overhead powerlines that were intermingling with the tree branches

Cheers!
Gooly

gooly here are the links to noise ninja and neat image both of these have free trial versions.

as for image size.......I see you have P/shop, this is what I do for web images

once I have my pic how I like all but sharpening and noise reduction

go to image >duplicate at this point rename it or go with the default file name/copy

then image > image size in the box change the pixels to around 700 to 800 width for lanscape or about 650 height for portrait. (guide only)

I then sharpen and do my noise reduction (if needed)

once done close the image you will be prompted to save changes. save as jpeg then the jpeg options box will allow you to set the quality....... move the slider till you get it under 130k this is around 8 as a guide

easier to do than type Smile

Thanks fo rthe tips Russt - i will follow this in future posts.

Cheers!
Gooly

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Dec 1, 2010, 10:25
Last Post by gooly
Aug 6, 2006, 21:10
Last Post by NT73
Apr 11, 2006, 18:44