DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Lets Get To Know Each Other Better!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Hey Joe - welcome aboard. There are some other Pentax people here - so you should feel right at home. I wouldn't mind seeing some of those drag race shots.
Great to have you aboard Joe. Welcome. Looking forward to seeing some images. Smile
Toad Wrote:Hey Joe - welcome aboard. There are some other Pentax people here - so you should feel right at home. I wouldn't mind seeing some of those drag race shots.
I just started a blog today and posted some old drag racicing shots to it here.
http://pentax-pro.blogspot.com/

As soon as the weather clears up I will try to get some good shots with my new Pentax *ist DS2 and post them.

Joe
Hi Joe, Welcome to shuttertalk, you have some interesting shots on there, love the Ed McCulloch Funny Car shot.
Those drag shots are tres cool.
Hi Ray and Joe (and belatedly Andy - sorry),

Welcome - Ray great to see another person in Perth sign up.

Cheers,

Chris
Hey Joe,

I can't imagine shooting drag racing with a MF camera although I bet the enlargements would have been awesome. I'd love to get one of the newer ones but the AF is still lagging too far behind for my liking.

Jamie
G'day ...

29yr old currently working in the Finanance Department of a Australian Based ISP (No I dont work for Bigpond) ... with intentions of moving to work for Australian Geographic

Equpiment
Canon EOS 350D Digital Camera
2gig Scandisk Ultra II CF Card
EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens
EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 Lens
Hoya 58mm PL-CIR Polariser
Tripod

Current Gallery: http://kerridwyn.deviantart.com/gallery/
Nice gallery Kerridwyn - like the "skies above" shot.

Cheers,

Chris
Wedding Shooter Wrote:Nice gallery Kerridwyn - like the "skies above" shot.

Cheers,

Chris

Thank you, I cannot believe 24wks and 4 days = 10'000 hits to the gallery
StudioJ Wrote:Hey Joe,

I can't imagine shooting drag racing with a MF camera although I bet the enlargements would have been awesome. I'd love to get one of the newer ones but the AF is still lagging too far behind for my liking.

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I took alot of shots with the Pentax 6x7 and 400mm f4.0 handheld using Kodachrome 64 120 @ 1/1000 sec and f4.0 like the gold funny car on my new blog . It's about as large a combimation you can use handheld but I had no choice from were I was taking the racing shots standing next to a 3ft high cement wall next to the track and had to move out of the way right after the shot was taken.

Joe
[Image: p6x7vsFM2.jpg]
[Image: 000_0506.JPG]

Hello there... i'm sarah Big Grin
Hello Sarah Smile Welcome to Shuttertalk!!
Are those your kids?
welcome sarah, joe, chris.
regards

christian
Lovely to see you here Sarah.

Cheers,

Chris
Welcome to Shuttertalk, great perspective in that shot Smile
Ok It looks like its my turn in line.

My Name is Dan, I live in Australia, Always have, And im as Aussie as you can get Cool
Being a Bit of an Natural All round artist (master of none) Photography was actually one of the Last Hobbies/ Arts ive taken up. Oddly I seem to have the Most talent in also Rolleyes
I started out in 35mm film back in 94 While studying for a Diploma in Visual Arts. I was planning to follow a career in Graphic Design, but later decided against the idea, and focussed my attention onto Photography. Thats basically HOW that all came about.
My interests: First.... Cars, Hot Rods, Street Rods, Trucks, Street Strip, Any thing really that separates the Cars from the Norm of factory. Bikes...... Offroad mostly, Moto-X, trials, Super-X, Club days, Choppers, (Custom Bikes) And the Odd Road beasts
Oh And Cars........... Did I happen to mention Cars! Big Grin
My equipment consist of a
Manual Canon AE-1, 50mm 1.4f. Vivatar 135mm 3.5f (hardly used now)
And My entry into Digital, Canon PowerShot A300. Which Ive owned for about a yeah and am already looking to upgrade back to the SLR format. (Oh how I miss it)

And Id love a EOS 300D
hi welcome

oooh the old canon ea1...looove the shutter on that....does it still makes the nice noise when you press it?

welcome

christian
Welcome to shuttertalk Dan. Looking forward to seeing some of your work Smile
Welcome to Shuttertalk Dan. Sound great. Really looking forward to seeing some of those rod photos. Cool
byrt_001 Wrote:hi welcome

oooh the old canon ea1...looove the shutter on that....does it still makes the nice noise when you press it?

That Crisp Click-et sound of a well engineered Piece of Photographic equipment, Yesssssssss Tongue
And for many years I had led a life that had me believe that I was alone loving that sound. (How will Digital ever replace it?)

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll be sure to post up some images I've got floating around for review. I'll be interested in hearing what every one has to say? Regardless of the years I've been doing it I'm still an Amateur. And Id be very interested in knowing everyones thoughts.
hi

yes and then was the f1, so solid and a real camera. still will work with no bateries. love those old days.

take care

christian
byrt_001 Wrote:hi

yes and then was the f1, so solid and a real camera. still will work with no bateries. love those old days.

take care

christian

Ooooh yeah, And still fetch a good price too!
I know............. I went looking for one, Yikes!!!

Hence the AE-1 Smile

Oh and I've started up a Gallery, for those who are Keen. More images will be put up, NOW that I know the format.

TC all.

Dan
Saw those few photos in the gallery Dan. Nice cars for sure. If you get a chance I have a few floating arounfd in a few galleries too you might like. Smile

http://www.pbase.com/conk/show__shine
http://cloverdalephotography.fotopic.net/c286121.html

There are more on this forum somewhere. Smile
Nice work Petographer. Hmmm, we could be looking over each others sholders to see what the other's up to from time to time Big Grin

There's some very nice looking American Iron there. Seeing the sharpness, is realy making me feel the Pinch with my 'Oh So Basic' A300!

I have'nt seen every Gallery as yet. But for what little I have seen about there is some Talented Shooters in here!

Dan
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20